The Australian Basketball Players’ Association is looking for an experienced Marketing and Communications Manager to join its dynamic team and help advance the interests and rights of Australia’s elite basketballers.
The ABPA is a highly influential Australian players’ association, representing members which include Australia’s international, NBL and WNBL players.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will be responsible for raising awareness about the incredible work that Australia’s elite basketballers do, on and off the court, with the support of the ABPA, while also ensuring clear and timely communication about ABPA matters to the Association’s stakeholders.
- Proactive and reactive public relations strategies and media management
- Internal and external communications campaigns and activities
- Oversight and development of content including but not limited to media releases, social media content, newsletters, design, video and marketing material, with the support of contractors where required
- Building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including board members, athletes, media and other sporting organisations
There is potential for a part-time or full-time position, with flexible working conditions, depending on the candidate’s circumstances.
The role is based at ABPA’s headquarters in Adelaide.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Proven experience developing, leading and executing media and communications strategies for organisations
- Proven experience managing complex public relations issues
- A diverse media and communications skill set, ranging from media crisis management through to high quality content creation
- Strong relational and personal communication skills
- 5+ years experience in a media, communications or journalism role with relevant qualifications
- A track record of problem solving, creative thinking and leadership
- Passion and strong interest in advocating for the rights of elite athletes
- Sports industry experience preferred but not required
If you believe you’re a good fit and want to know more, please send your resume with an introduction to CEO Jacob Holmes at firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 9 August 2021.
No recruiters, please.